Mommy MakeoverConveniently located to serve Washington, DC
Having a child can be the most exciting time in your life, but you devote so much of your time and energy to your children that you can too easily sacrifice your own wellbeing. Childbearing can leave unwanted effects on your body, such as deflated, sagging breasts, stretched-out, excess abdominal skin, and fat that is entirely resistant to diet and exercise.
A positive self-image can benefit mommy and the entire family. Dr. Michael Olding understands this, and has worked with many women who want their bodies to look more like they did before pregnancy. Women in the Washington, DC area come to the DC Cosmetic Surgery Center to undergo what is commonly called a “mommy makeover,” which offers an array of exciting surgical options to reverse the unwanted physical effects of childbearing.
“Mommy makeovers” include combinations of the following surgical procedures:
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), which not only removes excess skin and fat, but tightens the loose muscles of the belly that are stretched during pregnancy. If you have a “muffin top,” you will likely benefit from an abdominoplasty, either alone or in combination with one of the other potential “mommy makeover” procedures.
- Breast augmentation: If the breast volume has shrunk secondary to pregnancy or breastfeeding, volume restoration can improve not only the size of your breasts, but their shape as well.
- Breast lift (mastopexy): The breast skin is stretched during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and after swelling disappears, the breasts often droop or sag. There are several different types of breast lifts, and which type is best for you depends on the amount of excess skin. Occasionally, a combination of augmentation and lift is necessary, and can be performed at the same time.
- Liposuction cannot help you lose weight – that’s something you’ll have to do on your own! However, it will remove your unwanted fat that is out of proportion with the rest of your body.
His hands and surgical skills are legendary
I have known Dr. Olding for over 20 years. He has worked on many close to me and myself. He is the most honest, ethical plastic surgeon I know. He doesn’t sugar-coat or tell Ugly Betty she will look like a movie star after he is done and sucks 100 lbs out of her. I refer to him frequently and would highly suggest anyone considering cosmetic surgery should at least get an opinion from him because HE WILL BE HONEST. His hands and surgical skills are legendary.
Whichever procedure(s) you choose, you can rest assured that you will get the kind of care that you need. With Dr. Michael Olding, many women are able to look and feel even better than before their pregnancy!
Additional Upper & Lower Body Procedures
* Individual results may vary.
View before-and-after pictures of real patients of Michael Olding